Saturday, April 19, 2008

Spending thousands of dollars on your kid's birthday...

Oh, I am such a bad mommy. I do NOT spend thousands of dollar on my kids' birthday. Infact I draw the line at $250.00 - give or take another fifty. And that too because my children are VERY social and insist on having 20+ guests in their parties...

I try to accommodate their little heart's desires while keeping an eye on the budget...More fool me. Here are the real loveing caring parents - $10,000 for child's birthday party?



It would appear people go nuts while organizing their little one's big days. Because, apparently a number of parenting polpulation is ready to shoot themselves if they have to endure another "paint-a-ceramic-bowl or stuff-a-bear party"....

So they hire companies like 'Over The Top' in CA and as a result - "Each Over the Top party has a theme and is run by a team trained in child development, says Dinsfriend. Her events -- from tea parties with fine china to military-themed parties led by former Marines -- usually take six weeks to plan and cost as much as $10,000."

Read on, because - "That's small potatoes compared with some celebrations. FAO Schwarz, the New York City toy retailer, rents out its store several nights a week for parties. The base cost is $25,000."

WOW... and look at their cake - un-bloody-believable


And look at these examples

Is it just me or does this sound WRONG on so many levels. Or may be these are just future Paris Hiltons and whoever is male counter part of Paris, being made...

1 comment:

Peaches, Popcorn and Me said...

I saw that article too and was just blown away. what the...But more importantly, it only takes a little imagination and sense of fun to give a kid a good time on his/her birthday. This is more about "I am the prefect parent" than about pleasing the child, I think.